Using Audience Reports for SEO
Location Reports: Bid Adjustments need to be implemented because sometime there is so much historical data. Here is a sample where we have segmented the location reports using city and state as the dimensions so that we can see which cities and states are producing the best performing metrics. The recommendation is to be making bid adjustments on the top 100 cities based on locations that have a high e-commerce conversion rate. In order for the data samples to be accurate you need to decide to look at the cities in which we have at least 20 unique visitors from over the past 2 years. Below are the top ten cities in which we had at least 20 unique visitors from.
|Adwords Location Input||New Visits||Revenue||Ecommerce Conversion Rate|
|Warwick, New York||27||15,607.89||10.39%|
|South Bend, Indiana||32||7,432.81||8.62%|
Devices: There is a typical disparity between the desktop and mobile conversion rate as shown below which is an unfiltered device report. If the goal is to maintain the spend at the same amount but to increase ROI we may want to consider reducing the spend on mobile traffic and/or creating a eCommerce store that is mobile responsive for a long term solution.
|Device Category||New Visits||Bounce Rate||Pages / Visit||Avg. Visit Duration||Transactions||Revenue||Ecommerce Conversion Rate|
Visitor Behavior: As shown below the data indicates that conversion rates are much higher for returning visitors for all mediums because it is an eCommerce website and therefore visitors need to shop around before making the decision to buy. This is why we need to focus our efforts on Re-marketing with precision targeting using unique image ads that display to corresponding audiences who were interested in specific products and who may have abandoned the shopping cart.
|Visitor Type||Medium||New Visits||Bounce Rate||Pages / Visit||Avg. Visit Duration||Transactions||Revenue||Ecommerce Conversion Rate|
From the visitor flow chart reports we can see that Google users are finding your home page and the brand category pages the most often. We should monetize from the traffic to these brand category pages. We also can see that a large majority of the users are relying heavily on the websites internal search engine. We should be tracking and optimizing the site search functionality by enabling site search within Google Analytics.
Search Queries Report: After analyzing the search queries report I noticed that there is a very significant drop in organic impressions and clicks which is very concerning. Your organic presence has been reduced by well over 40% as shown below. To view this data, simply log into Google Analytics or Webmaster Tools and view your search queries report. Understanding your queries always benefits SEO. Having a Certified Google Partner Dallas SEO Company looking and explaining your data gives you an advantage.
Note: It is recommended that we investigate this drop in organic presence ASAP. A majority of the most commonly used landing pages are showing significant drops in visits.
Google Analytics – Landing page report from Google Analytics reveals that there are many landing pages that are attracting visitors who convert right away. This data should be acted on by ensuring that you are in the most optimal positions for these keywords organically and through paid advertising (this will lead to a more efficient campaign overall).
There is also some great concern with the recent drop in traffic to the most common landing pages.
Google Webmaster Tools – Landing page reports from GWMT’s shows the top performing organic landing pages so we cross referenced that data with the eCommmerce conversion rate of those pages to see which pages should be a focus priority.
The following actions should be implemented right away to increase the profitability of the websites marketing campaign(s).
- A dynamic remarketing campaign should be created to help increase the conversion rates on returning visitors immediately. This will take many hours to implement but the increase in conversion rate will make it a very valuable investment.
- We need to analyze the websites structure to see if we can help increase the conversion rate of new visitors. Enhancing user experience and navigation can help boost these numbers up. We can explore using interactive chat features, pop ups to prevent bounces, promotions, trust symbols and more.
- It is very surprising that site search has not been enabled in Google Analytics because of how valuable this data could have been to use. There are many actionable insights that we can collect from enabling site search tracking such as figuring out what search terms visitors are using when searching for products and also how different groups of users search your sites products.
- Optimize the brand specific category pages, think about adding the brand category pages to the main navigation for an easier to navigate path for those interested in brand specific products.
- Setup Bid Adjustments for locations outlined in spread sheet attached to email. Locations were selected based off of ecommerce conversion rate.
- Setup day time bid adjustments according to day time reports. Best time to run ads according to historical data is at 2:00 PM, 8:00 AM and 12:00 PM.
- Create reporting dashboards that can track the performance of mirco and macro goals for executives to be able to check 24 hours a day if needed.
- Utilize the landing page data to optimize the landing pages with the highest performing traffic both organically and through paid marketing.
For more info on how we could use site search to help increase your marketing performance call today. For info on how to setup site search tracking, call today. We would be happy to enable this for you.